Updated: Jul 18
HAIKUsutradhar. weekly prompts
A FRIDAY FEATURE
9th June Lev Hart, the mentor for HAIKUsutradhar, would be pleased to answer your questions and concerns.
host: Kala Ramesh
the month of May: Baisali Chatterjee Dutt
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬ haikuKATHA - the monthly journal from Triveni Haikai India!
founder/managing editor: Kala Ramesh
Firdaus Parvez Hemapriya Chellappan
Priti Aisola Sanjuktaa Asopa
Suraja Menon Roychowdhury Vandana Parashar
Haiku, senryu and haiga/shahai (photo haiku) posted here on this thread will be picked up for Triveni Haikai India's monthly journal - haikuKATHA At the moment we are not looking at found poetry, rengay and other split sequences. Other than haiga, no photos are to be shared on our blog on account of storage/memory limitations.
................................................................................................................................. Our host for HAIKUsutradhar Akila G. has stepped down for personal reasons. Kala Ramesh is the acting host for some months now. Associate Editors, Madhuri Pillai, Akila G., K. Ramesh, Shobhana Kumar and Reid Hepworth have stepped down for personal reasons. We wish them the very best. A huge thank you to all our poets who have given so much of their time and expertise. . ........... For some more exciting news! CHECK THESE FORUMS: Tanka, kyoka and tanka-prose to be posted on TANKA TAKE HOME and Haibun to be posted on THE HAIBUN GALLERY Please do visit: 'triveni spotlight' 'open sky :: SAMVAAD' and 'thinkALONG' Good poems and challenges are posted in these forums. Check them out. ........
The poems you post will also be considered for the haikuKATHA Monthly Journal each month. Due to a sudden increase in activity, here are some quick guidelines, for HAIKUsutradhar:
1. From September 2022 onwards only 2 haiku (numbered 1& 2) per week/per prompt are to be posted on HAIKUsutradhar. 2. Please do not post two poems in one day/in 24 hours ... just one and in total only 3 poems per week from Friday to Friday.
2. For each poem you share, please comment on ONE or TWO other poem which isn't yours!
3. Post only your unpublished, original poems.
4. If poets have NOT ASKED for FEEDBACK, please do not give. 5. Most importantly, please do not post a variety of drafts, along with a request for readers to choose which they like most. Only one poem is to be posted. ............
Post your best haiku and let's have each issue with your best work.
Poems previously published on your webpage or social media will be accepted.
Poems previously published in peer-reviewed or edited journals or anthologies and contest winners that were published elsewhere will not be accepted.
6. IMPORTANT: if any member provides feedback on the poem in the comment section, the poet must decide on the final version and post it on top of the original version.
Or else the original unedited version on your thread will be picked up by us for the selection.
On your comment thread, you need to post your revised final version (if you have one!)
Edited version: Your final version of the poem goes first, so it will be easy for our team to consider that for the haikuKATHA journal.
Original version: Your first version of the poem remains - under your final version.
*** Second Prompt: This week, I want to share a painting. I love the impressionists. I don’t know if that’s passé or not, but we love what we love, right?
I have chosen this particular work by Degas, “L’étoile” because there is more to it than meets the eye. If you are not familiar with it, please don’t read up on it until you have written a few ku. Let the image inspire your poetry and not the story.
Baisali Chatterjee Dutt